Youth Presence is dedicated to making a difference in the lives of children and young people.
We are needs led, creative and we actively seek to listen to the voice of the young. We will network and listen to other local organisations, such as schools and charities to understand the needs of children and young people living in our local area.
Youth Presence is inspired by Catholic, Salesian values.
Youth Presence is inclusive of all children and young people regardless of faith or background.
- Programmes and projects focused on personal development, covering themes such as self-esteem, self-confidence, resilience, teamwork, friendship, and emotional awareness.
- Encouraging children to reflect on their own spirituality and to explore their own personal values and identity.
- Supporting children in important transitions in their lives, such as moving from primary school to secondary school.
- Workshops and events which encourage children and young people to think about how they can contribute positively to their community.
- Projects and programmes that focus on positive wellbeing, trying to support children and young people in a preventive way.
- Recreational and leisure time activities.
- When requested, we can also offer faith development opportunities.
- We hope young people will become involved in shaping our future projects.
GEOGRAPHICAL AREAS WE COVER
Youth Presence is based in Kendal, Cumbria.
We work locally but can also cover wider communities of Cumbria and Lancashire. For more information on whether we can work with you, please contact us.